bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Where to Measure Vehicle Frame for Picking Out Trailer Hitch  


I need to order a receiver hitch for my 1979 ford f250. Do I measure the frame width from outside to outside, or inside to inside, or center to center ? I want to make sure I order the correct one. Thanks


Expert Reply:

When measuring the frame width on a vehicle, you will need to measure from the outside of one frame rail to the outside of the other frame rail.

If you have the larger frame width of 37-1/4 inches you would want the Curt Hitch part # C15300, or if you have the 34 inch frame width (most likely cab and chassis model) you would want the part # 13028.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>