Tow Bar Wiring Harness Recommendation For 2012 Ford F-150 With EcoBoost


I have a Ford F1 50XL, 4 x 4, 2012 pick up truck with echo boost six-cylinder, that I would like to tow behind my motorhome. Is there a wiring harness available for this make and model. Im towing it with a diesel pusher airstream motorhome.


Expert Reply:

We do have the wiring kit you need for your 2012 Ford F-150.

I recommend the Hopkins Custom Tail Light Wiring Kit, part # HM56000. This plugs into your F-150 wiring behind the tail lights and plugs into the RV. This will not affect the electrical system of your F-150 when not flat-towing.

I also recommend an extension like part # HM48235. This extension is used to connect the F-150 to the RV.

There are 5 items needed when you are flat-towing. You need base plates, a tow bar, safety cables, wiring for the towed vehicle, and most states now require supplemental brake systems.

If you need any of these items just let me know and I can make some recommendations that will work for you.

I have attached a couple of helpful articles about flat-towing you can check out.

expert reply by:
Jeffrey L

Ask The Experts a Question >>

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>