Fit of etrailer.com Stainless Hitch Receiver Lock on a Curt Class III Hitch on a 2005 Honda Pilot
Read the reviews and I am convinced this is the lock I would like to have for my new Curt hitch purchased by the way from etrailer.com ..... it is beautiful. Stainless is the only way I want to go b/c they use tons of salt during the winter here. 1. Will this particular cylinder lock fit a Curt 2inch hitch on my 2005 Honda Pilot? 2. Is the cap made of rubber or plastic? Do they stand the test of time? Thank You and look forward to hearing back from you. PS BTW, your customer service is absolutely incredible ..... hard to find that kind of dedication to customers these days. And VERY professional with their know-how. Great Team you have there.
asked by: Joe
The Receiver Lock, part # e98882 would indeed be compatible with the Class III Curt hitch on your Pilot. The cap is made of a very flexible, almost rubber-like plastic, and is indeed very durable. In case it should be damaged, a replacement is available as part # e98923. The stainless finish of the lock is very durable and provides lots of corrosion resistance, but keep in mind it's not completely rust-proof. When the lock isn't being used to retain a ball mount or an accessory in the receiver, you should remove it and store it in the vehicle. I have the same lock, and I keep a good coat of car wax on it for protection.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Hitch Lock
- Lock Cover
more information >
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Recommended Towed Vehicle Air Force One Supplemental Braking System for Diesel Motorhomes
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Best Best Trailer Hitch for a 2024 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
- Q&A: Recommended Towed Vehicle Protector For Use With A Roadmaster EZ-5 Baseplate
- Q&A: Which Demco Air Force One Fits 2022 Dutchstar Built on Spartan K2 Chassis
- Q&A: Does the Blue Ox Accessory Kit BX88308 Include a Charge Line?
- Q&A: Difference Between Curt and etrailer Trailer Hitch Receivers for 2020 Chevy Colorado