Draw-Tite Weight Distribution System N3201 Compatibility with Surge Brakes
WD Compatibility w/Surge Brakes - I own a 1988 Jeep Cherokee/4Dr/4WD/5-Speed manual. My receiver is a Class III Reese 37013? I transferred from my 1997 Cherokee. I own a Draw-Tite N3201 and need better information than I currently have regarding the ability of the N3201 to be used with surge brake trailers. In 7 discussions I had with Cequent last week one individual gave me a thoughtful response indicating I should be fine and discussed locating the snap up brackets slightly fore/aft to enable/disable the surge control. Please advise.
asked by: Rick V
Helpful Expert Reply:
I spoke with my contact at Cequent and he confirmed that you can use the Draw-Tite N3201 Weight Distribution System with your boat trailer with surge brakes, however the heavier the trailer the less effective the braking will be.
When setting up your system you will want to make sure you have at least 6 links in the chain supporting the cams and the trunnion bars so the bars can move more freely.
I also recommend you check the trailer and/or surge brake operating instructions for any special requirements regarding weight distribution hitches.
I have attached two articles for you to review about weight distribution system.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch that Fits 2020 Lexus RX 350 F-Sport
- Q&A: Totallly Hidden Hitch that Fits 2022 Lexus RX 350 F Sport
- Q&A: Availability Of Trailer Hitch Receiver For 2021 Lexus RX 350 F-Sport
- Q&A: Does Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Receiver 75540 Install On 2020 Lexus RX 350 F Sport Require Trimming?
- Q&A: What Is The Difference Between Curt Trailer Hitch # 13084 and # 13160
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Mounting Tab Width Range for Blue Ox Acclaim Tow Bar # BX4330
- Q&A: Hopkins 7-Way Trailer Connector to Older Featherlite Wiring Recommendation
- Article: How Level Should a Tow Bar Be When Flat Towing
- Article: Wiring a Tow Vehicle to Tow a Dinghy
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: How to Wire an Electric Winch
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight