Replacement Black Water Tank Valve For 3" Tank Pipe


i have 3id abs pipe on my black tank and want to install new valve assembly. should i use spigot to spigot or hub to hub??


Expert Reply:

It depends on your connection with the pipe if you need a spigot to spigot or hub to hub valve. A hub connection is the female connection that accepts a spigot. The spigot is a male connection. If your existing valve slides into the 3" pipe then you need the spigot connection.

The Valterra Bladex Waste Valve for RV Black Water Tank - 3" Spigot to 3" Spigot part # T40A is designed to slide into 2 separate 3" sewer pipes which sounds like what you have. You will need Valterra ABS Solvent Cement part # A05-0303 to seal it.

If your valve attaches to the outside of the pipe, you need a hub style connection Valterra Bladex Waste Valve for RV Black Water Tank part # T40B. You will still need the solvent to install it.

expert reply by:
Heather A

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

What Do You Think?

* e-mail address format: [email protected]

I would like an email notification if someone replies to my comment

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>