Extension Handles for Valterra Waste Valves


We own a 1976 Airstream. We just removed the grey tank valve that was a Thetford glued in valve. I would like to change to a valterra valve for ease of maintenance for the future. The problem I have is the Thetford valve needs long handle, which we still have, because everything is sealed in the belly pan of the Airstream. Can I fit the Thetford handle onto the Valterra? Or do the make an adjustable valve handle for the Valterra? I am looking at the Valterra with 3inch hubs on both sides.


Expert Reply:

The best option for you to use the Valterra Bladex Waste Valve part # T40B would be to add the Extension Rod part # T1046-12VP for 6" - 11" or part # TX36HPB for 36". I cannot confirm that the handle on your Thetford valve will work with the handle on the Valterra valve.

If the grey water tank on your RV has 1-1/2" diameter piping then you can use the Valterra Waste Valve part # T1001B instead.

expert reply by:
Conner L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

What do you think?

* e-mail address format: [email protected]

Yes, I would like an email notification if someone replies to my comment?

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>