1983 Tee Nee Trailer for a Flying Scot Sailboat Keel Roller Option


The roller on my Tee Nee trailer that came with my 19 ft Flying Scot sailboat have fallen apart. So Ill need to replace all of them. Can you help me figure out which rollers and brackets Ill need please? Thank you !


Helpful Expert Reply:

From past customers we have found that the TeeNee trailers use a three inch keel roller like the part # YR300Y. That being said I would need to see a picture of your setup to give you the best options we have.

I did some research on your Tee Nee trailer and it looks like there are a few different styles that will affect the type of brackets that you will use.

If you have frame rails that run perpendicular to the boat, then I recommend using a set of angle mounting brackets like part # CE10211G. These brackets can be mounted at any width to fit your rollers and use a 1/2 inch diameter roller shaft. The shortest 1/2 inch diameter roller shaft we carry is part # CE10700A, which should work well with your 3 inch rollers.

If your rollers are in poor shape, I recommend replacing them with slightly longer keel rollers like our Yates V Keel Roller, # YR5213-4P, if you have space available. You can use the same angle brackets, but you will need a longer roller shaft like part # CE10701A.

If the rollers mount to one center beam that runs parallel to the boat, then I recommend using the CE Smith Adjustable Mounting Brackets for Keel Rollers, # CE32004G. These brackets would bolt around the center beam and use a 5/8 inch diameter roller shaft. Depending on the width of the center beam, you may need longer rollers to use this bracket. If your trailer has the center beam, I would be happy to provide a roller and roller shaft recommendation if you can tell me the width of the beam.

helpful expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>