bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Steering Stabilizer For Discovery Class A Motor Home With Air Suspension


Steering stabilizer for a 1998 Discovery class A motor home on a Freightliner chassis Model 34Q. What stabilizer and bracket kit do I need for this unit? It has air suspension. Would this stabilizer come with installing instructions? I am trying to control sway and to control unit from darting from side to side . Driver has to struggle to keep unit in lane and on road.Will a steering stabilizer work on this situation? Thanks for any info. on this you can do.


Helpful Expert Reply:

I spoke with my contact at Roadmaster and they said that if you have a solid axle and do not have the 150 gallon fuel tank on your Discovery motor home, the Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer with Mounting Brackets for Class A Motor Homes, part # RM-RBK14-RSSA would be a fit for you. This will help prevent oversteering when encountering crosswinds and uneven pavement. There is no drilling required for installation and it includes the custom brackets, and hardware needed for installation. It does come with the installation instructions as well.

If you have a Freightliner FL series with a 150 gallon fuel tank and/or a non-solid front axle, then part # RM-RBK8-RSSA, would be the stabilizer you would need. I have linked you to an FAQ article that explains stability control for heavy duty vehicles.

helpful expert reply by:
Jeffrey L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>