bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

What Adaptor and Power Cord do I Need for My 4-Prong Female Electrical Setup on My RV?


Hi, I have converted my horse trailer dressing room into a living quarters one. A shore power electric plug female is installed and need to find or make a matching male plug with 30 Amp wiring to connect it to shore power. I have attached a photo to show you what I have. Would E-trailer have the male plug and cable I need to connect to shore power? Many thanks,


Expert Reply:

Thanks so much for sending me a photo. Unfortunately, the best route forward is to uninstall the female outlet installed on your trailer and install it with a male outlet like the Mighty Cord Replacement RV Power Inlet - Twist Lock - 30 Amp # A10-30INVP.

After the male outlet is installed, you can now use a power cord like the Mighty Cord RV Power Cord - 30 Amps - 25' Long # A10-3025EDBK. It is important to note that this power cord will only work with a 30-amp shore power connection. If you have different amperage needs, feel free to respond to this answer.

Female Power Plug Installed on RV
Female Power Plug Installed on RV
(click to enlarge)
expert reply by:
Bob C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>