bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How To Determine What Correct Propane Pigtail Is Needed


how do you know if the lp gas pig tail has 1/4inch npt, or inverted flare or something else?Im looking to purchase either mb Sturgis propane pigtail stainless or non stainless in 24


Expert Reply:

To determine which pigtail will be right for you, you will first need to know what type of regulator you have. The two most common types of regulators is a standard two stage regulator like the MB Sturgis Vertical 2-Stage Propane Regulator # 108220, and an automatic changeover two stage regulator like the MB Sturgis High Capacity Two-Stage Auto Changeover Regulator # 888001-MBS.

The standard two stage regulator will have one inlet, and requires a pigtail with an Acme and a 1/4" Male NPT like # 100473-24-MBS.

An auto changeover regulator will have two inlets and require a pigtail that has an Acme and a 1/4" Male Inverted Flare like # 100575-24-MBS.

expert reply by:
Bryce D

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>