bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Attach Pipe to Cam-Action Lockable Door Latch Kit


How do I put the cams on the ends of the pipe. what kind of pipe.???


Expert Reply:

The Cam-Action Lockable Door Latch Kit for Large Enclosed Trailers # PLR458-018 you referenced will need a schedule 40 3/4" steel pipe to be welded on to the cam ends as well as the handle.

Pipe Schedule is the term used to describe the thickness of a pipe. You should be able to go to your local hardware store and pick up some 3/4" steel pipe. I do recommend that a qualified welder weld everything if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.

The rest of the kit will bolt to the door, but the pipe and mounting hardware are not included.

expert reply by:

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>