Recommended Trailer Hitch and Wiring for Max Towing Capacity on 2018 Nissan Pathfinder
Hey. I have a Nissa Pathfinder 2018 and looking for hitch and 7-way wiring to tow a trailer. I want to make sure I can tow up to the Pathfinder's limits. Can you please help.
asked by: Henry
I took a look at the online version of the owner's manual for your 2018 Nissan Pathfinder and it states that the vehicle has a maximum towing capacity of 6,000 pounds. I do recommend verifying this in your copy of the manual as well.
For a trailer hitch that will work perfectly I recommend the Curt Class III Trailer Hitch Receiver # C13309 which has a 6,000 pound capacity to match the Pathfinder's limits and a nice hidden crosstube design where only the 2 inch receiver will be visible. The hitch will use existing holes in the vehicle's frame for a no-drill installation and all the needed hardware is included.
I have attached the written installation instructions that you can take a look at as well.
Then for trailer wiring I recommend the Tekonsha T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness # 118273. This harness plugs right into a factory port under the Pathfinder on the passenger side (see attached image) to provide you with a fully functional 7-Way connector. The relays for activating the factory port are included if needed.
I have attached an installation video that you can use for reference.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring
- Trailer Hitch Wiring
- No Converter
- Custom Fit
- 7 Round - Blade
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2020 Nissan Pathfinder
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Will the Hands Free Liftgate Work With the Draw-Tite Hitch 76031 on a 2018 Nissan Pathfinder
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Q&A: Recommended 4-Way and 7-Way Wiring Harness and Brake Controller for a 2018 Nissan Pathfinder
- Q&A: Installing a Hitch on a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL with Motion Liftgate Sensor
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Q&A: Location of Brake Controller Adapter Port to Install Prodigy P3 on 2019 Nissan Pathfinder
- Q&A: 7-Way Trailer Connector and Brake Controller Install on 2020 Nissan Pathfinder
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches