Why Are Saris Hatch Huggers SA3035 Needed for Installation of Bones 2 on 2015 Subaru Outback
In your installation video, the bones 2 is installed on a Jeep hatchback without the additional purchase hatch hugger straps. Why would I need to purchase hatch hugger straps for my 2015 Subaru Outback wagon? Thanks for your help.
asked by: Liz
Installation of the Saris Bones 2 Trunk-Mount Bike Rack # SA805BL on your 2015 Subaru Outback Wagon requires the accessory hatch huggers # SA3035 due to the tail light positions. The hatch huggers are needed to avoid risk of damage to the gap between the hatch and outside portions of the lights. On the Jeep shown in the video the standard clip attachments are okay since there is metal, not plastic, at the installation point.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trunk Bike Racks
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Hatch Huggers for Saris Trunk Mount Bike Racks
- Q&A: Trunk Mounted Bike Rack Recommendation for 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid Touring
- Q&A: Trunk Bike Rack to Fit a 2018 Civic Hatchback EX
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for an SUV or Crossover
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: How to Determine if a Cargo Box and Thule J-Style Kayak Carrier Will Both Fit on a Subaru Crosstrek
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: Will The Malone Profile 18s # MPG910 Fit Two Golf Bags?
- Q&A: 2022 Subaru Outback Wagon Tow Package Recommendation
- Q&A: Recommended Small Utility Trailer for Highway Use
- Q&A: Trunk Mounted Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes