Can Stabilizer and Sway Control Kit # SSA4 be Installed w/ Ride-Rite Air Bags on 2016 Toyota Tundra


I have load leveling air bags by Ride Rite and want more anti sway. Can I install the Super Springs with my existing air bag set up?


Helpful Expert Reply:

If you already have Ride-Rite air bags on your 2016 Toyota Tundra and you are still experiencing sway then you either have way too much weight in the bed of your truck (if you are hauling stuff), the weight in your bed isn't properly distributed, or you need a Weight Distribution (WD) system (for towing a trailer).

The Ride-Rite air bags alone should be enough for a payload but they won't help trailer sway very much since they are installed on your pickup. Even if the Stabilizer and Sway Control Kit # SSA4 does fit with your existing air bags it would be more like using a band-aid for something that needs stitches.

Using a WD system like the Equal-i-zer # EQ37120ET will not only help to level your towing setup but it will also help to correct the sway that you are experiencing with your trailer. You want to choose a WD system with a Tongue Weight (TW) range that the Total Tongue Weight (TTW) of your towing setup falls in the middle of. To find the TTW of your towing setup you will need to add the TW of your fully loaded and ready-to-go trailer along with the weight of any cargo behind the rear axle of your tow vehicle. Keep in mind that a properly loaded trailer will have a TW that is 10-15% of the loaded weight of your trailer.

The Equal-i-zer system that I referenced has a TW range of 800 lbs - 1,200 lbs. If your TTW doesn't fall within this range then let me know and I can make a different recommendation. If it is within this range then you also need a thin-walled socket like part # EQ70-00-4800 to install the hitch ball.

Attached is a review video of this WD system that you can reference.

helpful expert reply by:
Jon G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>