Attaching Roadmaster Safety Chains to 2016 Chevy Sonic
Hi, I have an EZ5 base plate and a falcon 2 bare for my Chevy Sonic. I plane to install the baseplate after Christmas. I still need safety cables. I think these RM-643 cables are what the factory supplies. The video shows the wrench tightened quick links attached to the base plate but I would rather attach them to the hitch and the hooks to the base plate for quicker hook up and disconnect no wrench required. The forged hooks on these cables look too big for the holes in the base plate safety cable tabs. What do you suggest
asked by: Mark
I strongly recommend following the directions to install the safety cables. Roadmaster states safety cables # RM-643 must connect the towing vehicle to the towed vehicle (your 2016 Chevy Sonic) with the RV being the anchor. I have added a photo from the directions showing how the cables should be set up for you to take a look at.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Safety Cables to Use with Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain Tow Bar
- Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2023 Chevy Trailblazer
- How Long are the Roadmaster Safety Cables RM-643
- Can a Coiled Safety Cable Be Threaded Through The Guides of a Roadmaster Falcon Tow Bar
- How to Attach Tow Bar Safety Cables When Using D-Ring Adapters
- Where to Measure to Determine How Much Rise/Drop Is Needed for Ball Mount
- Does the Falcon 2 Tow Bar Come with a Base Plate Kit for the Vehicle
- Which Safety Cables for Use with Roadmaster Falcon 2 Tow Bar Towing 2020 Chevy Equinox
- What is the Difference Between Coiled Safety Cables and Straight Safety Cables
- How Big Is The Eyelet On The RoadMaster 68" Single Hook, Coiled Safety Cables # RM-643?
- What Is Needed To Flat-Tow 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- Recommended Flat-Towing Components For 2014 Scion xB
- Parts Needed to Flat Tow 2004 Saturn Vue Behind Motorhome
- Weight Rating of Roadmaster 68 Safety Cables
- Safety Cable for Use with Roadmaster Direct Connect Base Plate Kit for 2014 Honda CR-V
- Ignition Position For Flat Towing A 2015 Volkswagen Beetle
- Can Safety Cables be Used in Place of Safety Chains when Towing a Trailer
- Replacement Arms for 1424-1 Base Plates on 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
- Is There An Adapter For a Blue Ox Aventa II Tow Bar To Roadmaster Base Plate For 2005 Jeep Wrangler
- Is there a Base Plate Kit that Lets me Keep the Tow Hooks on a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
- Length of Roadmaster Safety Cables part # RM-643
- Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2013 Fiat 500 Sport w/ a Manual Transmission
- Where Do Safety Chains Get Run to on a Vehicle that is getting Flat Towed
- Recommended Safety Cables for a 2004 Jeep Liberty
- What Comes With Roadmaster Falcon/Blackhawk 2 All Terrain Towing Combo Kit?
- Weight Rating of Roadmaster Coiled Safety Cables
- Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2014 Honda CR-V
- Recommended Flat Towing Parts for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo