bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Flat Tow a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with Warn Elite Bumper


I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a warn bumper and winch that I intend to tow the Jeep behind a 36foot Airstream Land Yacht motorhome. I would like to use a 1439-3 baseplate with a Blue Ox BX7365 and adapter BX88185 or a Roadmaster RM-520 tow bar. It looks like I would have to use the Roadmaster tow bar with out the crossbar or use the a 1439-1 baseplate with the crossbar. Which combination of tow bars and baseplates would be considered the best setup?


Helpful Expert Reply:

For your 2013 Jeep Wrangler with a Warn Elite bumper the Roadmaster base plate kit part # 1439-1 has been confirmed as a fit and would work well. To use this with a Blue Ox tow bar # BX7380 you would want the adapter part # BX88185 that you also referenced. This would be a fantastic setup that I would highly recommend. The MX base plates are a bit easier to use than the EZ's so this would be a great route.

For lighting you can use the bulb and socket kit, # RM-152, and not have to worry about cutting into taillight assemblies. You will also want the # BX88206 to connect this lighting solution to your tow vehicle. This comes with a round 6-way connector that you will install on the front of your towed vehicle and enough coiled wire to go from there to the RV.

And finally, most states now require supplemental braking in the vehicle being flat towed. The easiest system to set up and use is the Blue Ox Patriot # BRK2016, that applies the vehicle brakes in proportion to how much the tow vehicle is braking. This is the safest way to stop and it reduces wear and tear on both vehicles.

Most likely you will also need a high low adapter so that the tow bar will be level when you are flat towing. I attached a link to a page that has all of the ones we carry.

I have included a couple of helpful links to our articles on flat towing for you. Be sure to consult the vehicle owners manual for more specific information on flat towing your vehicle.

click to enlarge
helpful expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>