bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Parts for Curt Platform Type Bike Rack


Hello, I was wondering if its possible to get a replacement hitch mounting shank for Curt #18085 2 bike-tray style back rack? The one I have is bent. I cannot find any replacement information online. Thanks


Expert Reply:

I'm sorry to say that Curt doesn't offer replacement parts for their # C18085-FB bike rack which is sold only as a fully complete rack. Your best bet would be to try to straighten the shank so that it's usable or replace the rack entirely with a name brand rack from a manufacturer that does stock spare parts like Thule, Yakima, or Swagman.

The Swagman # S64678 Current would make a good replacement. The Current works in 1-1/4 or 2 inch receivers and can accommodate bike tires up to 5 inches wide. The rack can be tilted rearward to allow access to the rear of the vehicle with the bikes in place, or folded up against the rear of the vehicle when the bikes are removed. The rack provides a hitch lock and a cable lock to help deter theft.

I've linked to a product demonstration video featuring the Swagman Current bike rack I mentioned above.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>