bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is An Additional Breaker Box Needed for the Progressive Dynamics RV Power Control Center


Im building a cargo trailer into a small camper. The plan is to run a few lights, ceiling fan, and small fresh water pump on a 12v circuit powered by one deep cycle battery. On the 110/120 system there will be a microwave, toaster, refrigerator, and a few outlets to plug in an electric heater and charge phones etc. My questions are does this unit act as the 110/120 circuit panel by adding breakers? or do I need to add an additional 110/120 breaker box? If acting as the 110/120 circuit panel will it work with GFCI outlets Im adding in the interior walls? Does it have wiring directions showing where to connect shore power and battery connections, and breakers? My only experience with these types of RV panels is from a pop up camper where I had to battery, or shore power on the front of the panel.


Helpful Expert Reply:

The Progressive Dynamics RV Power Control Center part # PD4135K has both AC and DC sections therefore will work as a pass through for all of your 110/120 volt and 12 volt equipment. There are 5 AC branches which hold the circuit breakers and 6 DC branches which hold the fuses. There would be no need for an additional breaker box though you would need to add the individual breakers and fuses which will be dependent on the item you have hooked up to that circuit.

The Progressive Dynamics RV Power Control Center can be used with GFCI outlets and all of the wiring schematics will be included for you with the installation instructions.

helpful expert reply by:
Conner L

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Mark T.

I think this is what I need for powering our enclosed trailer. I want a simple solution. So many folks seem to buy a lot of components to power their trailer. Correct me if I am wrong, but outside of the wiring needed; all that I need is this progressive dynamic 4135 paired with a 30 amp power inlet and a few 110 breakers, and 12v fuses. Then just electrically connect everything (inlet power, 12v batteries, awning, 12v lights, and 110v GFCI plug ins) to this control center.

Etrailer Expert
Reply from Chris R.

You got it Mark!


I have already purchased the 30 amp Furrion shore power inlet from etrailer. If I purchase this can it be directly tied in with a 10/3 s/o cord. If so are there directions for capability. Thanks, Jim

Etrailer Expert
Reply from Jason S.

The Progressive Dynamics RV Power Control Center with AC/DC Panel and Converter/Smart Charger - 35 Amp # PD4135K will directly connect to the Furrion power inlet. You will simply need the cord from the inlet to the power control center. We don't carry anything without finished ends, so you can choose the length you need and then cut the ends to give you the ability to connect the inlet to the control center. I've linked the page to your options.

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>