Tire Covers Needed for Tire Size 8.75/16.5
I have 7 tires 6-875R16.5 and the spare. The rear wheels are duals. I think I need 5 covers but am not sure the size of the cover I need. Can you help?
asked by: Joy
Your 8.75/16.5 size tires have a diameter of 30.85". This will help us determine what size wheel cover you need.
It sounds like you either have a triple axle trailer with the rear axles closer or you have a dual axle with dual wheels on the rear axle. For the first setup I recommend using both the double axle cover # 290-3922 and the single axle cover # 290-3952. If you only have two axles then they should be close enough to use the double axle cover. If they aren't side by side then you need to use the single covers.
For a dual wheel setup you won't need to worry about having a cover over the innermost wheels. A tire cover helps to mainly protect against harmful UV rays but also helps with the elements. Since the innermost wheels won't be exposed to UV rays or the elements nearly as much as the outer wheels you don't need a cover for them.
If your spare tire is exposed to the elements and you would like a white cover for it then we do have the part # 052963751703 that you can use.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Spare Tire Covers
- 31 Inch
- Classic Accessories
more information >
- RV Tire Covers
- Single Axle
- 30 Inch Tires
- 31 Inch Tires
- 32 Inch Tires
- 2 Covers
- Good UV/Dust/Weather Protection
more information >
- Q&A: Recommended Wheel Covers for 2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 279RLDS
- Q&A: Replacement Leaf Spring Recommendation for a 2005 Keystone Outback with 3,500 lb Axle
- Q&A: Replacement Door Holder Plunger and Socket Options for a Hahn Heavy Rescue
- Q&A: Recommended Tire Pressures For Westlake ST225/75R15 Trailer Tires
- Q&A: Hitch Extender to Prevent Trailer Jackknifing When Backing
- Q&A: Difference Between Trailer Tire Sizes ST205/75R15 and ST225/75R15
- Q&A: Is it Ok to Replace Factory Leaf Springs With a Higher Capacity Option?
- Article: How to Accurately Measure Trailer Leaf Springs
- Article: 7 Facts About RV Antifreeze Every RVer Should Know
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Boaters & Fishing Enthusiasts
- Article: How to Install a Weight Distribution Hitch (With Pictures & Video)
- Article: Choosing the Right Suspension Kit for Your Truck and Trailer
- Article: 5 Tell-Tale Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Trailer’s Leaf Springs
- Article: How Long Can You Boondock in an RV?