bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Availability of Adapter to Plug Into 7-Way and Provide 110V AC Power Outlet  


I don’t know what term to search to see if you have it. Looking for something that can plug into my 7pin tow on my truck and on the other end is a standard household two prong or three prong outlet to plug things into. Is there such a thing? Thanks!


Expert Reply:

It sounds like you are looking for an adapter like the Pollak 7-Way to 12V Power Outlet # PK11896. This will plug into a 7-Way on the vehicle and provide a 12V plug on the other end that can be used with 12V accessories.

In order to then convert this for use with a household 110V AC power outlet like it seems like you are wanting to do, you will need to plug in a power inverter like the Scosche InVert Portable Power Inverter # 332-PI130 to the Pollak Outlet. Just note that if you are powering your accessories without the vehicle running, it will drain power from the vehicle's battery.

There is not a 110V AC power outlet available that is able to plug directly into a 7-Way.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>