bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Fittings Needed To Connect A Portable BBQ To An Onboard Motorhome Propane Tank


Connecting motorhome onboard propane tank to a home BBQ I was given a portable BBQ that hooks up directly to standard home 20 lb tank. I would like to use an MB Sturgis Propane - 103537-MBS or equivalent and a quick disconnect hose, but I cannot find a hose with right end. Is there an adapter I can add to the end of the hose to make this connection? Is there an end I can convert my BBQ to accept the ends on extend a stay hose?


Helpful Expert Reply:

If you have a female quick disconnect fitting like the MB Sturgis Sturgi-Stay T-Fitting for POL Valve # 103537-MBS does then you could connect to that using the using the following parts:

Starting from the Type-1 ACME fitting from the portable BBQ you'll need part # CAM59213. From there you can attach part # 37207-30145 and a male quick disconnect fitting # 401132-MBS on the end of that. This will switch the Type-1 ACME fitting on your portable BBQ to a male quick disconnect fitting. You would then be able to use a quick disconnect hose # 100395-120-MBS to connect the portable BBQ to the T-Fitting # 103537-MBS you referenced.

I highly recommend using some Thread Sealant Tape for Gas Lines # 37207-30025 on each connection to prevent any leaks.

helpful expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>