bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

RV Power Control Center and Converter for Upgrading From 30 Amp to 50 Amp Service


I currently have a 30 amp Magnetek 6345 in my camp trailer and wanted to convert it to a 50 amp system. I am mechanically inclined and other then the actual dimension opening in the current opening what converter system would be a good swap, I have a 14 inch x 14 inch opening available.


Expert Reply:

To convert from 30 amp service to 50 amp service the best option is the Progressive Dynamics RV Power Control Center with AC/DC Panel and Converter/Smart Charger # PD4560K18LS8.

This is designed to give you 50 amp service and will be a fantastic option for you to upgrade. It is 14-1/8" tall x 11-3/16" wide x 8-1/2" deep overall but fits in a 13-1/4" tall x 10-1/8" wide cut out. That means you will need to build in some supports on the side in order to get this to fit properly, but once you do, you'll have the 50 amp service you need.

I have added a link to a video review as well as a link to the manuals of the RV Power Control Center # PD4560K18LS8 for you to check out.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>