Solution for Attaching Safety Chain Loop to Travel Trailer
I have a 71 travel trailer and it only has 1 chain. I dont really have access gone welder can I bolt new safety chains onto the frame if the trailer on be ok?
asked by: Nick
If the bolt you would be using to secure the safety chain is rated for the weight of the trailer you could go that route. I'd recommend haveing a welder come out and weld a Safety Chain Loop like part # MB38 to the frame though. Or if you can take the trailer to one that would be ideal.
- Article: How to Choose a Battery Charger
- Article: Where to Position the Trailer Axle?
- Q&A: How To Attach Safety Chains To Trailer Tongue
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: How to Choose Correct Capacity for Trailer Safety Chains
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Q&A: Recommended Ball Mount for Use w/ a Trailer that has a Lunette Ring
- Article: How to Install a Weight Distribution Hitch (With Pictures & Video)
- Q&A: How Much Clearance Between the Frame Is Needed for a Trailer Tire
- Q&A: Replacement 8 Inch x 27 Inch Boat Trailer Fender Recommendation
- Q&A: Are Two 1,750 Pound Torsion Axles Rated for a Combined 3,500 Pounds or Just 1,750 Pounds
- Q&A: Trailer Fender Recommendation for a Trailer with 205/75R15 Tires
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Double-Eye Trailer Suspension System Review