bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Regulator For A Superior Unvented Log Fireplace


I have currently have a regulator with auto changeover plus green or red indicator and lever. The line is only attached to Superior brand unvented logs in my home with 25,000 low and 32,000 for high usage when operating. I cant find any part numbers on my current regulator to replace it. Do I order a single or two stage stage changeover, using two 30 lb tanks? Tanks are located outside in Texas. I need this source of heat incase of electrical power loss this winter. I want to be able to use the logs at the lowest possible temperature. I want to order.....but am not sure which regulator I need. Thanks,


Expert Reply:

I recommend using the MB Sturgis High Capacity Two-Stage Auto Changeover Regulator # 888001-MBS between your two 30lb propane tanks to fuel your Superior Unvented Log Fireplace. This regulator has an operational temperature range of -20F to 120F (-40C to 55C). It has a top view indicator to check your propane level. It has a 3/8" female NPT outlet and two 1/4" female inverted flare inlets which will require you to use two pigtails like the MB Sturgis Propane Pigtail - Type 1 x 1/4" Male Inverted Flare - 2' # 100575-24-MBS to connect to your tanks.

expert reply by:
Kevin C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>