What Activates the Kat's Heaters Universal Ether Start System?
Where is best place to mount thermostat for 33200 system on motor? What stops system from over spraying ether continously
asked by: Denver T
The best place for mounting the thermostat from the Kat's Heaters Universal Ether Start Fluid Injection System # KH33200, is going to be on the engine block away from any heating elements or other heat sources that may give the system a false sense of temperature. It will only allow for the ether system to work if the temperature reading is below 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
The automatic system ties into your ignition and starting system. When the key is switched to on it will release some ether into a metering chamber which is then released into the engine when the starter is activated. The metering chamber only allows so much of the ether to be released and only to be released when the starter is activated and for up to 3-5 seconds after the starter solenoid is disengaged.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Lug Nut Torque Chart for Trailer Wheels
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Q&A: What Is An OEM Prep Package And How Do I Know If I Have It
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules
- Q&A: How to Reduce Sway in 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie Crew Cab with a Truck Bed Slide-On Camper
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Q&A: How to Determine Correct Height Setting for 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector