bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is there an Adapter that will Convert a 4-way Round Trailer Connector to a 4-way Flat Vehicle End


Do you have the exact opposite of the part below? I have a 1972 trailer with a four round female plug. need something four round male to plug into either a four way flat adapter or 7 way round plug on Titan Hopkins Wiring - 47465 Adapts from a 4 round plug on your vehicle to a flat 4-Pole on your trailer. Hopkins # 47465 Tap # 37465 Replaces # 17006 and 13173


Expert Reply:

I have checked the adapters that we currently carry, and we do not have an adapter that will fit the configuration that you specified.

You could create your own adapter, and it would be composed of the Pollack # PK11410 and the Hopkins Endurance 4-way Flat Trailer connector # HM48110. You would just wire the Hopkins 4-way flat to the Pollack 4-way round connection point. This will create an adapter that will connect the 4-way round on your 1972 trailer with a 4-way flat vehicle connection point.

If you need a longer trailer connector you could also use the Wesbar # W787264 (4 feet long) in place of the Hopkins part (1 foot long).

You would still need to use a vehicle 4-way to 7-way connector like the Tow Ready # 118709 for a 7-way Round Pin Connector or a Tow Ready # TR20141 for a 7-way Blade style of connector.

If you would like to reduce the use of one of the adapters, you could use the Hopkins Quick Fix # HM48192 Trailer Connector to convert your trailer to a 4-way flat. To install this you would just cut off your current trailer plug, insert the existing wires in the new plug, and close and secure the plug. I would suggest after you have confirmed that the wires function properly inside this plug you might want to use some tape or liquid sealer like the # SWC50122 to provide a secondary seal.

I have included links to the products mentioned above and a helpful article on trailer wiring for your reference.

expert reply by:
Rachael H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>