Recommendation For Connecting 2004 Ford Ranger Factory Tow Package To Trailer With LED Lights
Need help with trailer wiring. My 2004 Ranger has a factory tow option which includes a 3 wire plus ground flat plug already installed. My trailer tail lights are LED and have three wires each-white ground and a black and a red. I think I need a converter that would plug into my trucks factory flat plug and then plug into my trailers wiring. Can you recommend the connection I need? How many wires need to go to my trailer?
asked by: Jack H
Helpful Expert Reply:
Based on the information you sent, it sounds like you do not need a converter and only need a regular trailer side 4-way harness. I recommend the Hopkins Endurance 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector, Item # HM48110, for your 2004 Ranger and trailer.
Based on your information, it sounds like the white is ground, the black is tail lights, and red is brake/turn signal for each light. When you connect these to Item # HM48110, the yellow wire will be left turn and brake, the green wire will be right turn and brake, and the brown wire will be the tail lights.
Additional information and videos attached.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Can I Use my 6-way Round Trailer Connector with my 4-way Connector on my Vehicle
- Wiring Adapter For Towing a Motorcycle Trailer 6-Way Square Connector With A Flat 4-Way Tow Vehicle
- Solution for Towing Camper with Square 6-Way Connector
- Can 4-Way Trailer Wiring Plugs Connect to Battery for Interior Light
- Adding a 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness to a 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo LT
- Could Trailer Interior Lights Be Powered Off of the Running Lights Circuit
- Gauge of Wire that is Used on the Hopkins Endurance 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector # HM48110
- Replacement 4-Way Recommendation for Utility Trailer with Damaged 4-Way
- Do You Need an Adapter To Connect a 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector to 5-Way Flat Vehicle Connector?
- 4-Way Flat to 4-Way Round Trailer Plug Wiring
- 4-Way Recommendation Where all 4 Wires are 16 Gauge
- Correct Vehicle and Trailer Side Hopkins Endurance 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector
- What is the Wire Gauge Used in Hopkins Endurance 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector # HM48110
- Converting 6-Way Square Plug to 4 Way Flat Trailer Wiring Connector
- Replacement 4-Way Recommendation for Trailer with Non-Standard 6-Way Flat
- Troubleshooting Brake Lights Not Working on Trailer
- Converting 1997 Dutchman 6-Way Square to 4-Way Flat
- How to Connect 6-Way Flat on Trailer with 4-Way Flat on 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Replacement 4 Way Trailer Connector for my PWC Trailer
- Option for Connecting Magnetic Tow Lights with 4-Way Round to 4-Way Flat
- Wiring Adapter to Mate 4-Pole Flat Vehicle Connector to 4-Pole Round
- How to Get New 4-Way Connector for Pontoon Trailer
- Adapter Needed for Wiring 4-Way in Place of 6-Way at Rear of Motorcycle
- Troubleshoot Wiring 4-Way to 7-Way Wiring of Trailer
- Wiring a 2008 Saab 9 3 Combi Wagon for Trailer Lights
- Wiring Functions for 6-Way Square Connector on a 1990 Coleman Pop-Up Camper
- Replacement 4-Way Flat Trailer End Connector for Current Connector with 5 Wires
- Replacing 6-Pin Square Trailer Connector on Jayco Pop-Up Camper With a 4-Way Flat
- Troubleshooting Trailer Passenger Side Tail Light Getting Too Hot