Eye Bolts and Tie Down Kits for the Roof of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Hello, I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and want to purchase both a roof rack and tie down loops. I found the roof rack I want, but cant find or even figure out what the tie down loops would be called. I just purchased some tie downs straps with hooks to secure things on the roof rack. Can you help me with this what the loop is called that goes into the rail system and I can put the hook into to hold down and where I can find it?
asked by: Kevin
The item you're looking for can be several different things.
If you're looking for a solid ring to tie things down to, you're looking for what's called an "eye bolt". One of the best universal kits is the Rhino-Rack Aero/Sportz EyeBolt, part # S604. This will add two eye bolts to your roof rack's channel system, and let you use it to tie down using ratchet straps or ropes directly to the roof rack.
If you're planning on repeatedly tying down things to your roof rack with ratchet straps, say, if you're a contractor or weekend DIY-er that moves ladders or oversized objects frequently. You'll want the Ratchet Grab Tie-Down, part # RRSRG. This will add one ratchet strap that mounts directly into your roof rack channel, and can be used with the eye bolts from above to add a permanent, reuseable kit to your channel.
I've included a few videos that detail how these install into the channel of the roof bars. If you have the Rhino Rack Heavy Duty bars, let me know, as there's variants of these available for those bars.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Ratchet Straps
- Roof Rack
- 1 Strap
- 6 - 10 Feet Long
- 0 - 1 Inch Wide
- 351 - 500 lbs
- Rhino Rack
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Tie Down Eye Bolts for Rola Haul-Your-Might Truck Bed Ladder Rack
- Thickness of T-Bolt Head of Eyebolts for Rhino-Rack Aero/Sportz Crossbars S604
- Do Rhino-Rack EyeBolts # S604 Fit into Thule Aero Crossbar Channels
- Can I Use a Rhino Rack T-Slot Eye Bolt on Retrax Rails
- Will Rhino-Rack Channel Mount Eyelets Fit Thule Track THTP42
- Eye Bolt Accessory for Use in Yakima Tracks on Truck Topper
- Eye Bolt Anchor that Can Fit Into Yakima Roof Tracks
- Would Eyebolts for Rhino-Rack Crossbars # S604 fit a Roof Rack of a 2005 LR3 Land Rover Expedition
- Fit of Rhino-Rack S604 Eye Bolts With T-Slots on Thule TracRac TracONE Ladder Rack Crossba
- Availability of Roof Rack Eye Bolt for Channel of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Factory Crossbar
- Tie Downs that Fit the T-Slot on Whispbar Roof Rack Crossbars
- Do Eyebolts for Rhino Rack Crossbars fit Yakima Tracks?
- Does Eyebolts for Rhino-Rack Aero/Sportz Crossbars # S604 Fit TracRac Ladder Rack
- Eye Bolt Recommendation for Mounting in Roof Rack Crossbar Tracks
- Alternative Eye Bolt Recommendation For Thule Aeroblade Cross Bars
- Do Rhino Rack Eyebolts for Crossbars S604 Have Capacity for Camper Shell Lift
- Tie-Down Anchors for Crossbars with C-Channels
- Tie Down Anchors that Fit Top Channels of Rhino Rack Crossbars
- Recommended Crossbar Length for Jeep Gladiator with Atlas Truck Topper
- Can Malone Roof Rack MPG215 be Used to Secure a Ladder
- Tie Down Anchor Point for Top of Rhino Rack Vortex Crossbars
- What Eyebolts Fit in the Channels of My Rhino-Rack Crossbars?
- What Roof Rack Do You Recommend for a Camper Shell with Tracks?
- Rhino-Rack Eye Bolt Kit Compatibility with Thule AeroBlade Crossbars
- Recommended Roof Rack and Tie Downs for a 2018 Toyota Yaris w/out Roof Rails
- Tie Down Anchors that Will Fit Unknown Tracks on a Lance Truck Camper
- Which Roof Rack Will Allow Solar Panel To Be Installed On 2021 Mercedes Sprinter?
- Can EyeBolts Fit Into The Rhino-Rack RT Tracks?
- Canoe and Ladder Carrier Recommendations for Rhino-Rack Roof Rack on 2020 Jeep Gladiator