Parts Needed to Install a Remov-A-Ball Gooseneck Trailer Hitch in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado
do i need an adaptor kit for my 2006 siverado if so what kit, if not where to mount hitch in bed and how
asked by: Ed H
If your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado is a 1500 or 2500 series pickup, short or long bed then you will need to use the Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Installation Rail Kit, # 4454, to install the Remov-A-Ball Gooseneck Trailer Hitch, # 6300, in the bed of your truck.
If your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado is a 3500 series pickup, long bed, then you will need the Remov-A-Ball Gooseneck Trailer Hitch with installation kit, # 6300-4445.
The kits mentioned above will work on both 2 and 4 wheel drive models. I attached a link to the installation instructions for these kits for you to review.
I also attached a gooseneck hitch installation video for you. This installation is for a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500, and the Hide-a-Goose part # 9465-34, but the underbed installation kit will install similarly so it should be somewhat helpful.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Gooseneck Installation Kit
- Installation Kit
- Below the Bed
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How Long Can You Boondock in an RV?
- Q&A: Curt Q20 5th Wheel Hitch Jaws Do Not Close and Lock Freely On First Try
- Article: Adapters for Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a Gooseneck Hitch
- Q&A: Availability Of Replacement Pads And Rotors For Kodiak Disc Brake Kit K2R1058D11DAC
- Q&A: Is Listed Cost on Kodiak Bolt # KRB11-13 for Single Bolt
- Q&A: Can DM15349-52 Demco Coupler Mount Be Welded in Place
- Q&A: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Correct Gooseneck Fit
- Q&A: Will the Curt X-5 Gooseneck Adapter and Curt Gooseneck Hitch Work with Reese 14K 5th Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: What is the Curt X5 Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapter Compatible With
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package