bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Converting a Trailer with a European 7-Way Connector to Fit a US Trailer Connector  


Hi. I have a hitch-mounted Thule Euroway G2 921 bike carrier, that is wired with a EU standard 7-pole pin connector. I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland form here in the US, that has a 7-blade connector. Is there any adapter to be able to connect both? Or should I cut the rack connector and install a US connector? How would I go about doing that? Thanks


Expert Reply:

We don't carry an adapter from a European to a US 7-way trailer connector. Instead you'll need to convert the connector on the bike carrier to a US 7-way using something like # H20042. Or if the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a 4-way as well you can use # HM48114.

With either option it'll need to be wired by function. I've linked an article on trailer wiring that might be helpful. I would connect each wire on the bike carrier to a 12-volt battery to identify the function of each and then wire it to the new connector as such.

expert reply by:
Charles S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>