Wire Functions on Linxup GPS Tracking Device w/ 4G Service
There’s a LOT of extra wires in that harness for the described “simple two wire hook up”.. What are ALL the “extra” wires for..??? Thinking seriously about these for 3 vehicles, two trailers, and 2 ORV’s.. Is ‘service’ a package, or for ‘each’..?
asked by: T.Nash
I spoke with my contact at Linxup regarding the GPS Tracking Device w/ 4G Service # 300-AT3-S referenced in your question. The red and white wires on the device will connect either to the positive post on your battery or to the ignition wire. The black wire is for ground and can be attached to any clean bare spot on your vehicle's frame. The remaining wires on the harness will simply be tied off as they are not needed. My contact confirmed that these extra wires do not serve any purpose on this particular unit.
Each GPS Tracking Device will include 1 year of 4G network tracking service. The tracker will update the device's location every 10 minutes when the asset is moving.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Hardwired GPS Tracker with Tracking Service For a 5th Wheel Trailer
- What Wires Are Used To Install Linxup GPS Tracking Device 300-AT3-S?
- Installation Recommendation for Linxup GPS Tracker # 300-AT3-S
- How to Setup the Linxup GPS Tracking Device Part # 300-AT3-S
- Monthly Fee Of Linxup GPS Tracking Device and How To Charge GPS battery
- Linxup GPS Tracking Device Initial Set Up
- What is the Range of the Linxup GPS Tracking Device # 300-AT3-S
- Is 4G Used with the Linxup GPS Tracking Device Obsolete
- Will Linxup 300-AT3-S GPS Tracking Device Work on a 31 Foot Boat
- Linxup GPS Tracking Device Install on Trailer with Belly Pan
- Does GPS Tracking Device w/ 4G Service # 300-AT3-S Require Running to Ignition Wire
- Linxup GPS Tracking Device Service
- Are The Linxup GPS Tracking Devices 300-AT3 & 300-AT3-S the Same?
- Does Linxup GPS Tracking Device w/ 4G Service # 300-AT3-S Have to Mount in Specific Orientation
- Does the Linxup GPS Tracking Device # 300-AT3-S Need to be Connected to Power to Operate
- Is Linxup GPS Tracking Device # 300-AT3-S Mounting Location Also a Theft Deterrent
- Mounting Location of the Linxup GPS Tracking Device
- Power Supply for Linxup 300-AT3-S GPS Tracking Device
- Compatibility Of Linxup GPS Tracking Device With 24 Volt Power Supply
- Where to Mount the Linxup GPS Tracking Device on a Dump Trailer
- GPS Tracker and Wheel Lock for Trailer to Prevent Theft
- Can Keys for Curt Trailer Locks be Duplicated
- Recommended GPS Tracking System for RV or other 12V System
- Recommended Coupler Lock for the Titan Model 20 Brake Actuator
- Comparing Linxup GPS Tracking Devices and Compatible Phone Networks
- Solutions for Locking Truck Bed Camper When Not on Truck
- Trailer Locks that are All Keyed Alike
- Products for Tracking a Stolen Trailer
- How Much is Monthly Service for Linxup GPS Tracking Device