Installation of Therma Heat Holding Tank Heater Pad
Are there wiring instructions included? I have a truck camper with a 10 gal. fresh water tank. I have a convertor and want to make sure I can wire it correctly to the convertor so that it will work when I am driving on DC, and then work if my camper is plugged into shore power. Also, does this adhere to the bottom of the tank, or on the area where the tank rests? Is this too much pad for a 10 gal tank? Thank you!
asked by: Tom
The Holding Tank Heater Pad # 277-000164 does include instructions. They're actually on the label that is stuck to the pad itself. It can be wired to DC power while your traveling and through a converter when you're connected to a power source.
This pad is for tanks that are 29 to 40 gallons so it's certainly more than you need. But I don't see how it would be harmful in anyway. It is generally applied to the bottom of the tank.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Troubleshooting the Light on the Switch for a Water Tank Heating Pad Always Being On
- How Do Thermostats On ThermaHeat Pads Effect Other Pads
- How To Wire In Three Thermat Heat RV Tank And Pipe Heater Pads
- Could Switch be Used to Power Two of the 18-1/4" x 12" Holding Tank Heater Pad 277-000164
- Which LaSalle Bristol ThermaHeat Pad Replaces the SL-T1218G
- Can Holding Heat Tank Pads and Elbow Heat Pads Run on Different Switch
- Can ThermaHeat Heating Pad # 277-000164 be Used with Battery
- Heating Pad for Freshwater Tank on RV
- Thermostat Type of Therma Heat RV Holding Tank Heater Pad # 277-000164
- Using Insulation Along with RV Freshwater Tank Heater Pad
- Installation Instructions And Product Information For The ThermaHeat RV Holding Tank
- Tip for Removing Adhesive of RV Tank Heating Pad to Install New One
- Will 18-1/4" x 12" Holding Tank Heater Pad # 277-000164 Work on 30 Gallon Freshwater Tank
- Will Therma Heat RV Holding Tank Heater Pad Work with Smaller Tanks
- Can ThermaHeat RV Holding Tank Heater Pad 277-000164 Keep Up with Michigan Winter Temps
- Can RV Water Tank Heating Pads be Used on Black and Gray Water Tanks
- Can the ThermaHeat RV Holding Tank or Step Heater Pad Be Mounted Over a Strap?
- Solution to Prevent Plumbing on Slide-In Camper From Freezing
- Can A Fixed 12v Power Source Operate The ThermaHeat RV Holding Tank Heater
- Is there a Heating Pad for Small Holding Tanks on a Pop-Up Camper
- Material of the Wiring Used on the Therma Heat RV Holding Tank Heater Pad # 277-000164
- Heating Pads For Fresh Water, Grey and Black Storage Tanks To Prevent Freezing
- Does ThermaHeat RV Holding Tank Heater Pad Need to be Connected Directly to 12V Battery
- In-Line Switch Recommendation To Install A ThermaHeat Heating Pad On RV Holding Tank
- How To Power The ThermaHeat RV Holding Tank Heater Pad With Thermostat - Item # 277-000164
- Can Therma Heat RV Tank Heater part # 277-000164 Work on 26 and 23 Gallon Tank
- Can I Install Insulation Over the ThermaHeat Heating Pads?
- Is 13 Inch Elbow Heater Pad 277-000161 Big Enough for a 10 Gallon Tank
- Can The THermaHeat Heating Pad Be Installed On A Tankless Water Heater To Keep It From Freezing