bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Wiring Adapter to Mate 4-Pole Flat Vehicle Connector to 4-Pole Round  


I have a round 4 pole female wiring on portable lights and need to find an adapter to a 4 pole maile flat on my car. So need an adapter which has a 4 pole round male to plug into my trailer which converted to a 4 pole flat female.


Expert Reply:

The easiest and least-costly solution for mating your wiring connectors is to replace the connector on your portable lights with a trailer-side 4-pole like # HM48110. This will allow your lights to be connected to the 4-pole on your vehicle.

If you need to convert a 4-flat to a round 4-pole you can use either # ADP001 or # 47465.

I have linked our main page for wiring adapters and you can use the filters on the page to select each type of connector you need to see available adapters. The photos in the linked article will help you confirm which type of connectors you have.

expert reply by:



How about an adapter for tow lights... 4 flat vehicle side to a four pin round female tow light side. The vehicle side could also be a standard 7 blade on most standard Ford, Dodge and Chev pick up trucks. So to sum it up this adapter is a ... 4 flat or 7 round female to a four pin round male. Does this adapter exist?

Chris R.


Unfortunately we don't have a 4- or 7-way to 4-Way round adapter available. Your best option here would be to replace the 4-Way round connector on the trailer with a 4-Way flat (or 7-Way), especially since the 4-Way round really isn't used much anymore.

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>