Can the Tow Ready Wiring Harness part # 118258 be Installed on Outside of a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. It has the third row seating. This means that the seats need to be removed also in order to get left panel off. Can I just plug the Wiring Harness in under the car and mount everything under the car?
asked by: Jack P
We have heard from several customers who have done exactly what you are considering and just installed the Tow Ready Wiring Harness part # 118258 on the outside of the vehicle so as to avoid removing interior pieces. It's not the recommended installation method that Tow Ready suggests but it should work fine. I would strongly recommend the use of dialectic grease for all of the connections to prevent corrosion.
For that you would want part # LT37534.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch and Wiring for 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe with Spare Tire Under Vehicle
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe has a Tow Package
- Q&A: Where Does the Converter Box for Curt Wiring Harness C56346 Mount on a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2002 Saturn SL2 Dual OHC Sedan
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Q&A: How Do I Tell if My Hyundai Santa Fe Has a Tow Package?
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Q&A: Troubleshooting New Tekonsha Trailer Wiring Not Working for 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Q&A: Wiring Harness Recommendation for a 2007 Hyundai Sante Fe
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 4-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Nissan Tow Package Wiring Harness 118266/118267 - 7 Way Harness Installed and Electric Brakes Locked
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Mount a Truck Bed Camper