Horse Trailer Electric Brakes Lock Up When Backing Up the Trailer
Horse trailer has electric brake problem, When backing up, the trailer brakes block the tires. only when backing up does it. going forward it is fine. I have checked the truck system and it is fine.
asked by: Paz D
There could be a short in the truck or trailer side connector that occurs when the vehicle is put in reverse. The center pin is typically the reverse light circuit. You will want to make sure that the truck and trailer side connectors are clean and free of corrosion inside and out.
Inspect the power wires to the magnets and look for pinched, frayed, or damaged wires and fix as needed. Make sure the ground wires are attached to clean and corrosion free bare metal surfaces.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Adjusting Dexter Electric Brake Kit
- Solution for Needing 12 Foot Long 7-Way Extension
- Material of Bargman Wiring Conductors
- Gauge Wire to Use for Trailer with Triple Axle Setup that is 43 Feet Long Overall
- What Wire On the Bargman 7-Pole, RV-Style Connector Goes to Magnets
- Parts Needed to Add Brakes to Second Axle on Tandem Axle Car Hauler
- 7-Way Wiring Diagram for Trailer Wiring That Doesnt have a Purple Wire
- When Installing a 7-Way on a Trailer is a Junction Box Required
- Instructions to Wire a Trailer for Electric Brakes
- How Much Slack Is Needed In Trailer Wire Connection To The Tow Vehicle?
- Wire Color and Functions of Bargman 7-Pole, RV-Style Connector # 50-67-103
- Compatibility of Aluminum Wire With Copper Trailer Wiring
- Universal 7-Way Trailer Connector to Use on a Custom Trailer
- Troubleshooting Trailer 12V Charging Circuit That Does Not Re-Charge Batteries Fully
- Troubleshooting Running Lights and Brakes Not Working Correctly on a Haulmark Trailer
- What are White and Blue Wires Normally Connected to On Trailer Wiring
- What is the Function of the Black Wire on the Bargman 7-Pole Trailer Connector # 50-67-008
- Recommended 7-Way Connector For 2013 Forest River 300BH
- Installing The Bargman 7-Way Molded Trailer End Connector # 50-67-103 To A Viking Pop-Up Camper
- Troubleshooting a Hallmark Trailer That Lost Trailer Wiring Power After Replacing the 7-Way
- How To Remove Tail Light Lens on 2009 Box Trailer
- Adding Electric Brakes To 2,200lb Dexter Torsion Axles
- Recommended 7-Way Extension With Trailer End Connectors for Cab Over Camper on 2022 Silverado 2500
- Extra Long Coiled RV Style 7-way Connector
- 12 Foot Long Wiring Harness to Go From RV to Towed Truck Using a Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar
- Parts Needed to Add Electric Drum Brakes to a Trailer
- Installing 7-Way Wiring Connector to Trailer For Reverse Light Function
- Parts Need to Replace Hydraulic Brakes with Electric Brakes on a 10K Tandem Axle Trailer