Differences Between Curt Cargo Carrier # C18145 And Reese Cargo Carrier # 63155
What are the main differences between C18145 and 63155? I have a March 2010 Smart 451 cdi convertible.
asked by: Julian
The first thing you will want to do is check your owner's manual or with your dealer and find out what the tongue weight capacity is for your 2010 Smart fortwo. Many time carriers have a weight rating much higher than the vehicle capacity and you do not want to exceed the lower of the ratings.
There are several differences between the Reese Cargo Carrier, part # 63155, and the Curt Cargo Carrier, part # C18145. An important thing to note would be the weight of the carrier alone. The Curt weighs about 27 lbs and the Reese weighs about 44 lbs. Both carriers will work with 1-1/4 inch receiver openings.
The Reese measures 47 inches long and 20 inches wide versus 48 long x 20 wide for the Curt. The Reese carrier has a steel mesh floor which will allow you to carry smaller items where as the Curt has an open floor design, intended to carry larger items.
The Reese carrier measures 7-1/4 inches from the center of the hitch pin hole to the closest edge of the basket, while the Curt measures 6 inches.
The Curt carrier includes an anti-rattle hitch bolt and clip and the Reese provides a a standard pin and clip.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Cargo Carrier
- Flat Carrier
- Fixed Carrier
- 20 Inch Wide
- Heavy Duty
- Fits 1-1/4 and 2 Inch Hitch
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- 48 Inch Long
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
- Class IV
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Trailer Hitch and Cargo Carrier Recommendation for 2009 Toyota Prius
- Can Locking Cage be Added to Reese Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier
- 2" Receiver Adapter Recommendation for 20x47 Reese Cargo Carrier with 1-1/4" Shank
- How Much Does the 20x47 Reese Cargo Carrier Part # 63155 Weigh
- Weight and Shank Rise of Pro Series Cargo Carrier # 63155
- Can Class II Cargo Carrier Be Used with Class I Trailer Hitch
- Optional Light Kit for Reese Trailer Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier # 63155
- What is the Ground Clearance for the Reese 20x47 Hitch Cargo Carrier
- Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier Recommendation for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe
- Will the Pro Series Cargo Carrier # 63155 Fit on a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek With Factory 1-1/4 Hitch
- Class III Hitch Recommendation for a 2007 Ford Explorer
- Can Pro Series Hitch Cargo Carrier # 63155 Fit a Class III Hitch on a 2010 Toyota Venza
- Anti-Rattle Device for 20x47 Pro Series Cargo Carrier for 1-1/4 Inch Trailer Hitches
- Brake Controller Recommendation for a 2007 Ford Explorer
- Weight of Reese Cargo Carrier # 63155
- Trailer Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier for a 2005 Hyundai Elantra Hatchback
- Hitch Mounted Cargo Carrier Recommendation for a 2012 Hyundai Sonata With 1-1/4 Inch Receiver
- Cargo Carrier Recommendation for 1997 Ford E-250 with 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Best Cargo Carrier and Trailer Hitch for 2013 Honda Fit
- Will The Pro Series Hitch Cargo Carrier # 63155 Clear Rear Mount Spare Tire on 2006 Jeep Wrangler
- Pro Series and Curt Cargo Carrier Recommendations for a 2006 Subaru Forester With a 1-1/4 Hitch
- Cargo Carrier Recommendation for Low Ground Clearance 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Will Class II Cargo Carrier Work With Class I Trailer Hitch on 2018 Subaru Crosstrek?
- What is the Difference Between Cargo Carrier 63154 and Cargo Carrier 63155
- Cargo Carrier Compatible With 1-1/4 Inch Class I Trailer Hitch on Camper
- Locking hitch pin for Pro Series Cargo Carrier with Hollow 1-1/4 Inch Shank
- How Much Does the Reese Cargo Carrier # 63155 Weigh
- Weight and Capacity of Reese # 63155 Cargo Carrier
- Recommended Hitch Cargo Carrier for Class I Hitch on 2013 Nissan Altima