Gooseneck Hitch Ball And 5th Wheel-To-Gooseneck Adapter For A 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
2020 3500 chevy pickup with curt hitch. It didnt come with ball an I assume I will need one. Do you have a camper hitch that adapts to ball or do I need to adapt camper to gooseneck. We are in process of buying camper and I want to make sure everything is done right. Salesman have a tendency to stretch the truth.
asked by: Keith D
Helpful Expert Reply:
It sounds like your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 already has a Gooseneck hitch installed, so the easiest way to adapt a standard 5th wheel trailer, is to use the:
- Convert-A-Ball Cushioned 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter w/ Offset # CAB-C5GX1216.
This adapter will bolt to your campers kingpin on your 5th wheel hitch, and will give you the ability to use your Gooseneck hitch.
This adapter also has a 7-1/2" offset, and has a towing capacity of 20,000-lbs.
Additionally, if you're also needing a Gooseneck ball kit, you can use the Curt Ball and Safety Chain Loop Kit for GM/Chevy/Ford/Nissan Underbed Gooseneck Trailer Hitch # C60692.
This ball also has a gross towing weight capacity of 30,000-lbs, however you are going to be limited to the capacity of your lowest rated component.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Gooseneck Hitch
- Below the Bed
- Manual Ball Removal
- 7500 lbs TW
- Removable Ball - Stores in Truck
- In Bed Release
- 2-5/16 Hitch Ball
more information >
- Article: Adapters for Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a Gooseneck Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: Best 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapters (2023)
- Q&A: Can Goose Box be Used with Short Bed Truck
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps
- Q&A: Install Instructions and Install Video for Convert A Ball Fifth Wheel to Gooseneck Adapter
- Q&A: How To Gain Fifth Wheel Turning Clearance On My 2016 Ram 2500
- Q&A: Adapter to Use Curt Q24 Fifth Wheel Hitch in Bed of 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 OEM Pucks
- Q&A: Does Recessed Gooseneck Ball Need to be Flush w/ Bed to use Demco Recon Adapter for Recessed Ball
- Q&A: How to Determine Clearance of Gen-Y Hitch 5th Wheel to Gooseneck on 2020 Ford F-250 Short Bed