Installing Erickson Heavy Duty Anchor on a 2009 Ford F 150
I have a 2009 Ford 150 platinum model. There are no cutouts on the plastic bed rails. Can I install retractable anchors devices by cutting holes in the rails?
asked by: Jerry C
There is no problem cutting out your own holes in your plastic bed rails to install the Erickson Heavy-Duty Anchor, part # EM01003. For the best fit and look I would recommend using a tool like a small rotary tool for a clean cut. Also, be sure your dimensions for your cut match that of the anchor. This anchor is designed to fit on the bed rail and not on top of the plastic bed rail cover.
For the best fit you will want to find the center of your stake pockets so the anchor sits square with the pocket.
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Q&A: Best 2 Inch Hitch for a 2023 Kia Sportage
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Step Pocket Tie Downs for 2018 Chey Colorado
- Article: How to Strap a Kayak to a Roof Rack in 4 Steps (With Pictures)
- Article: Trailer Lighting Requirements
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Q&A: Is E-track Stronger Than X-track, Is There An Advantage Of One Over The Other
- Q&A: Can DeeZee Toolbox DZ76 be Mounted Somewhere Other than Under the Body of a Trailer
- Q&A: Should Plywood Be Used To Build Up The Wall Material For Installing E-Track and X-Track On Walls?
- Q&A: Inside Front to Back Dimension of UWS01020 UWS Chest-Style Toolbox
- Q&A: How Much Room Should the Lid on the UWS UWS01020 Have to the Closest Contact Point?
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules