Can Larger Shank Be Used with Fastway Weight Distribution Hitch


Moving WD hitch from a F150 to a F250. can I just use a Sleeve Adaptor or do I need to replace shank?


Expert Reply:

To use your 2-inch weight distribution setup in a truck that has a 2-1/2-inch hitch you can either add a reducer sleeve like # 58102 or # BWRHXA2182 to the hitch or you can change the shank to the larger size so it directly fits the 2-1/2-inch hitch.

The linked page displays suitable 2-1/2-inch replacement shanks that will work fine with your WD system, such as # EQ90-02-4900 and # EQ90-02-4700.

expert reply by:
Adam R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>