Compatibility and Conversion of Hayes SwayMaster Electric Sway Control with 12-Pin Plug


can this unit be changed to a 12 pin plug witch a lot of caravans have if so would you be able to let me know as it looks good to stop swaying on roads thanks for your assistance


Expert Reply:

The Hayes Sway Master Electronic Sway Control System - 1 to 4 Axles # HA81775 will be adaptable to a 12 way system and then back again if you use the 7-way like # 30717 and # H20046 . Then to combine the turn and brake functions prior to the unit use the Roadmaster Brite-Lite Wiring Converter # RM-732. If you need to convert it back following the unit, use # C56196 to separate the brake signal again.

If you don't want to use all the US 7-Way adapters you can use the Autowbrake Electric Brake Controller - Trailer Mount - 1 to 3 Axles - Proportional # 3430001.

expert reply by:
Jason S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>