Are Additional Parts Needed to Install a CURT Friction Sway Control Arm


Will I need a additional plate for the hitch on my truck for the small ball to attach to?


Expert Reply:

You will need a platform to attach the ball to the vehicle side for the CURT Friction Style Sway Control System, # 17200. It does come with a weld-on platform but you can also use Sway-Control Bracket, # RP26003, for 2 inch ball mounts or # RP26005, for 1-1/4 inch ball mounts.

To use the weld-on platform that comes with it, you would need to weld it to the side of the ball platform on a ball mount. It will need to be positioned so that the center of the ball hole on the ball mount is between 0 and 1-1/4 inches from the centerline directly to the left or right of the ball mount. There is also a ball mount already set up like this, # D320.

expert reply by:
Michael H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

What Do You Think?

* e-mail address format: [email protected]

I would like an email notification if someone replies to my comment

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>