View Cart

Location of Electric Heating Element in Atwood 10-Gallon RV Water Heater 91160


I have a 10 gallon Atwood water heater I need to change the heating element where is it located on the water tank 91160 Thanks


Expert Reply:

RV water heater replacement heating elements such as Atwood part # AT92249 and the similar items shown on the linked page usually install near the bottom of the water tank so that they are fully immersed.

On the Atwood water heater 91160 the electric heating element will be behind the gas line assembly. You can refer to the linked photo. This part needs to be loosened and shifted out of the way in order to unscrew the old heating element. My Atwood contact confirmed that you will want to use part # AT92249. This element works for both electric and combination gas-electric models.

Click to Enlarge
expert reply by:
Adam R

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>