Converter to Separate Turn Signals from Brake Lights on a 1984 Jeep CJ-7 Used in France


Hello, I own a Jeep CJ7 -84 which I have brought over to France when we moved from Canada. To register, I need amber tail lights separate from the brake lights. Today, Brake/Turn and rear. Can I add one of your tail light converters going from 2-wire on the vehicle to a 3-wire on my new EU spec tail lights that have separate, amber turn signals? Thank you!!


Helpful Expert Reply:

To separate out the turn signals from the brake lights on a vehicle such as your 1984 Jeep CJ-7 you will need a special type of converter. There are 2 options and they both do the same thing and install the same way. One is the Brite-Lite converter, # RM-732, and the other is from Curt, # C56196.

On either the input side has 3 wires. White is ground and will attach to a clean metal surface. Green is for the combined right turn signal and brake light and yellow is for combined left turn and brake light. On the output side you will have green for right turn signal only, yellow for left turn signal only, and red for brake light only.

helpful expert reply by:
Michael H

Ask The Experts a Question >>

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>