How Does Motor of Coach Two Step Replace
Does it matter if the steps are extended or retracted when replacing motor
asked by: Mike S
I will be happy to help explain how to remove the old motor and install the new one # LC301695.
The motor and gear assembly can be replaced by first disconnecting the two pin connector from the module to the motor.
Next, remove the p-clamp holding the wire harness to the motor mount.
Then, remove the ball joint linkage from the gear followed by the self-tapping screw that holds the ground wire.
Next, remove the 3 bolts that hold the motor mount to the step base. Care should be taken not to disturb the adjustment in the length of the ball joint linkage. Install the new motor # LC301695 using the above steps in reverse order.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- RV and Camper Steps
more information >
- Article: How to Measure for Travel Trailer and Fifth Wheel Steps
- Q&A: What Size Bolts To Install Replacement I-Beam Jack Bracket for Lippert Ground Control 3.0
- Q&A: Installation Instructions for Replacement I-Beam Jack Bracket for Lippert Ground Control 3.0
- Q&A: Mounting Measurements for Lippert Manual Pull-Out Step LC432690
- Article: How to Measure for Motorhome Steps
- Q&A: Stabilizer Jack Troubleshooting For 2018 Grand Design Solitude Fifth Wheel.
- Q&A: What Is The Bore Size Of The Replacement Lippert Level-Up Hydraulic Jack?
- Q&A: What Size Is The Bolt That Retains The Hydraulic Fluid On The Bottom Of Lippert Hydraulic Jack?
- Q&A: Lippert Level Up Jack Leg Replacement
- Article: Choosing the Right Suspension Kit for Your Truck and Trailer
- Article: 7 Steps to Clean Your RV Awning, Prevent Mold, and Save Money
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Flat Towing Package for 2007-2018 JK Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
- Article: Our Team Picked The Best Camping Gear of the Year - Here Are Their Top Choices