Trailer Hitch and Lightweight Platform Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2004 Acura TL
Your website gave very good info, thanks for that. After reviewing, I feel the DrawTite hitch #24755 should be ok for Acura TL 2004, but I need your opinion. Do I need to give any special instructions regarding installation which will be done by a professional, and not by me. Selection of a bike rack is difficult because the hanging types are lighter weight, but give LESS support. I looked at, and liked a few of them. All of them have good reviews. I am very concerned about any scratching and damage to my car from the bikes because my car still looks new. Platform racks appear better because of better support for the bike. Is Swagman XTC2 #S64670 a good choice and would there be enough clearance from my trunk to not scratch my car. Swagman is lighter weight and not as bulky compared to others.
asked by: Vinod S
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Draw Tite hitch part # 24755 is a confirmed fit for your 2004 Acura TL and would work well to carry a bike rack. Since you like the support of the platform bike racks (I don't blame you), but like the weight of the hanging bike racks I have the perfect solution for you!
Check out the Hollywood Racks Destination Bike Rack # HLY94FR.. This rack is super lightweight for a platform rack at only 20 lbs and has the great bike support that a platform bike rack provides. Another great feature of this rack is that it has padded frame clamps with ratcheting straps to hold your bikes securely by the frame and an anti rattle hitch pin lock which will greatly reduce any movement between the rack and your hitch receiver.
This would be your best option that I would highly recommend.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Platform Rack
- Folding Rack
- Frame Mount
- Hitch Lock
- 2 Bikes
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Fits 1-1/4 Inch Hitch
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Fits 1-1/4 and 2 Inch Hitch
- Hollywood Racks
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Replacement Hardware for a Curt Hitch
- Article: Hitch Adapters and Extenders
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Is a 1-1/4 to 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver Adapter Recommended for Use with a 2 inch Cargo Carrier
- Q&A: Why Does Use of Hitch Adapter/Extender Reduce Hitch Tongue Weight and Trailer Weight Ratings
- Q&A: Replacement Hardeware Kit for a Curt Receiver Hitch.
- Q&A: Replacement Hardware Kit for Trailer Hitches Curt 13306
- Q&A: What Parts Are Included in Replacement Hitch Hardware Kit RHK
- Article: What Do I Need To Tow A Trailer?
- Article: Troubleshooting 4 and 5-Way Wiring Installations
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams