How to Determine the Correct Size Grease Caps for a Southwest Kendall Trailer


I purchased a used Southwest Kendall Miami, FL trailer model SW-07X12T. The manufacturer is not being helpful so Im consulting you. I need to replace a missing hub dust cap and plug. What is used on the other wheels appears to be your Truryde DC200L-DCRP, which I was going to order. Then I noticed that the dimensions that are given at the top of the product page are different from those at the bottom of the page. Then I saw your Truryde RG04-040. The only dimension given for it is the outside diameter, which is .003 smaller than the DC200L-DCRP. Now Im really confused. The dimensions of the exposed surfaces of the caps that are still present on my trailer are 2 OD. The opening at the end where the rubber cap goes is 1 5/32. The cap extends out from the rib where it seats into the hub 1. Also, a couple of the rubber plugs are missing. The ones still present do not fit snugly so the missing ones probably fell off. Will the Truryde FG04-010 fit these caps? Thank you!


Expert Reply:

In order to determine the correct size grease cap, the best thing to do would be to take apart one of the hubs and get the outer bearing and race numbers. You can also get the hub bore inner diameter using dial calipers for the most accurate measurement. I have included a video on removing a hub below. This will determine the correct size you need whether it is the DC200L-DCRP, # RG04-040, or another size. I have included a link to our grease cap main page below.

I went out to the warehouse to measure the Lubed Dust Cap and Rubber Plug, # DC200L-DCRP. The outer diameter is 1.99 inches. The inner diameter of the top hole for the rubber plug is 1.18 inches. The overall height is 1.43 inches. So the dimensions given in the product description are more accurate than in the title.

expert reply by:
Michael H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

What do you think?

* e-mail address format: [email protected]

I would like an email notification if someone replies to my comment

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>