7 way Round to 4 Way Flat Adapter Recommendation


Is this 7 way round pin the typical type used in a tractor-trailer rig? I am about to start driving the tractors bobtail and will be towing my car behind it, and I need the 4-flat wiring to go to my car. I currently use a 7-way flat pin adapter for RVs and cube trucks.


Expert Reply:

The 7-way round style of connector that the # 47405 has is the same style that is typically found on tractor trailer type rigs. The issue you may run into is that the taillight circuits of your tractor are separate, meaning that the brake lights and the stop lights are carried on separate circuits. If that is the case just the # 47405 wouldn't work.

If this is the case you will want the converter part # 119130 and a male round 7-way part # PK11700.

Click to Enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>