I have a dead electric jack. There is only one wire from this jack to the battery with a little box inline fuse ?,there is no way to open the inline box/fuse. The single wire hooks to the positive side of the battery ?, there is no Ground wire ?! The light comes on with the on/off switch but the hitch wont go up or down and makes no noises. This lift is only a year old and has had very little use. Camp trailers suck !
asked by: Jack
I do not think the fuse is blown because the light still comes on. It sounds like the motor has gone out. This could happen from over extending a jack or overloading it. If the jack is connected to a battery mounted on the trailer, the battery may not have enough juice to power on the motor but just the light.
Take the battery off and have it tested. For a battery charger, use # CTEK56158. This charger works much better than a trickle charger and can revive a battery unless it is completely dead. The 12 volt circuit from a trailer connector is not substantial enough to up-charge a battery, it can only maintain the charge level the battery already has.
The jack grounds through where it mounts. You can take a look at that area and clean out any corrosion that you see. This will require removing the jack and inspecting the mounting surface and bolt holes.
expert reply by: Michael H
Have a question for the experts? click here.
Products Referenced in This Question
Product Page this Question was Asked From
18 Inch Lift
Featured Help InformationInstructions for CTEK56158