Hello I bought 5th airborne sidewinder from Etrailer two years ago. I installed 5th airborne sidewinder 19K - part number ST100-5AS02 on my 5th wheel Cameo made by Carriage. I have traveled over 2000 miles. The 5th airborne sidewinder does a great job. It made our trip more enjoyable. I do have a question about if I need to retorque assembly such as outer cap, 19k airborne sidewinder unit and mounting wing? How often I need to retorque. Thanks!
asked by: R. C
The maintenance the Sidewinder recommends for your Sidewinder is:
BEFORE EACH TRIP:
1. CHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT: Check that condition of all of your towing equipment and keep it in top condition. 2. Check that the torque of the (4) cap bolts is 45 ft-lbs.
3. Check to see that all bolts are properly tightened.
4. Check wedge engagement in the fifth wheel jaw, refer to wedge adjustment portion of installation instructions.
1. For ease of hookup; frequently lubricate the wedge surfaces, back side of the king pin, and the skid plate surface.
2. If resistance is present in the Sidewinder arm, apply a lithium grease to the bearing surfaces as described in the
assembly section of this manual.
3. Keep pin-box hitch painted to prevent rust and maintain a good appearance. (Do Not paint over labels)
I also attached a link to the installation instructions for this product for you to check out.
expert reply by: Jameson C
Have a question for the experts? click here.
Product Page this Question was Asked From
19500 lbs GTW
Featured Help InformationInstructions for RP61413