How do you get into the front headlamp assembly to change these ? Ive tried twice but the assembly will NOT come out of the mounting area after removing the two retaining bolts. It looks like the headlamp is sealed, perhaps Im wrong ??? Replacing day time running lights
asked by: Norm L
I checked on how to change the daytime running light bulbs on your 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe.
The removal of the headlamp assembly is as follows.
1. Remove the six bolts on top of the grill.
2. Remove the two (7mm) screws, three push pins, and two pop style pins in the wheel well.
3. Pull the wheel well lining towards you and remove the two (10mm) bolts that go upwards into the fender, this will release the bumper mounting bracket.
4. Remove the three (10mm) bolts holding the headlamp in. Two were obvious on the top of the lamp, the third is behind the bumper, which is now accessible throughout the wheel housing.
5. Gently pull the headlamp forward. Note: there are two alignment pins that insert into the sheet metal fender on the outside edge of the lamp. They are fairly secure and will need a bit of tugging to get free.
6. The headlamp is larger than the fitting it resides in, so you will have to push down on the fascia, and pull a bit on the grill. Be Careful, the headlamp is a three piece design and there are forward facing clips that are part of the lamp that can easily scratch the bumper when removing the lamp. I would recommend getting a piece of cardboard and inserting it below the lamp, forcing it down gently, to assist with the removal and provide some protection from the forward facing clips.
expert reply by: Jeff D
Product Page this Question was Asked From
Multi-Function Tail Light
Featured Help Information